Saturday, March 30, 2013

Feel the Rain

When you are on a design team (Color My Heart), you sometimes play around with things and realize--after the fact--that you used the wrong color.  Hmmm.  This was one of those cards.  I don't feel badly posting it even though it is for an upcoming color dare challenge because, well, it's using the WRONG COLOR!  Oi!!


The colors are Buttercup and Twilight; the stamp sets are Springtime and Follow Your Dreams (both retired).  If you know the set Springtime, you will see that the umbrella is a little different.  I've never liked how big that handle was.  I was complaining about it to a friend and she said, "Why don't you cut it off and make it a straight handle instead of a curved one?"  Duh!

I am entering this over at Heart2Heart because it's a Spring card even if it's not an Easter card, per se.

Being from the Pacific Northwest, this saying has always been one of my absolute favorites.  Here in Oklahoma, the Spring temperatures are already hitting the 80's and we are getting very little precipitation.  To me, that's just wrong.  I love the rain.  I love to stand out in it and let it wash over my face (as long as I'm not going anywhere or have time to fix my hair and make-up before heading out!).  And I most particularly love how it nurtures the scenery keeping it ever green.

Wishing you and yours a blessed Resurrection Morning!

Until next time,
Becca

2 comments:

  1. Such a cute card. I miss those retired stamps. I don't keep mine once they retire so it sure is fun to see them now and then.
    Just want to let you know that you my "spring" buddy have won the random drawing for the package of springs on my blog cre8nmemories.blogspot.com. If you go to my blog and click on the shopping button you can e-mail me from there your address so I can send you the springs. Congratulations and thank you playing with me during March Madness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super-cute card and color combo!!! I just recently discovered this stamp set. I will track one down, I promise! :) Ha, ha! Congrats on the springs! You use them so well, you deserve to have more to inspire us with, Becca! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!