Friday, March 22, 2013

Putting CASE to good use!

For those of you who might be new to the papercrafting world, CASE is the single-most useful technique to know...

Copy
And
Steal
Everything

Oh, yeah!!  I use it all the time.  Today's card comes straight from the brilliant mind of Monika, the M.A.D. Stamper.  She does the most amazing things with vellum.  For this week's Color My Heart dare using Sky, Buttercup, and Blush, I completely stole this card idea.


I used a bunch of different stamp sets, all CTMH, but I'm guessing that little Blush star with the flower center is throwing even the most saavy CTMH addict right now.  I'll tell you in a second, but first the more obvious ones:  Perfect Fit Frames (the first one introduced in the Fall/Winter 2012-2013 catalogue) is the Buttercup on Buttercup and the white embossing on the vellum; Sky on Sky is the Herringbone pattern from Distressed Backgrounds; and the sentiment is from the coordinating Art Philosophy Cricut set.  The Buttercup frame was cut with Art Philosophy.  Love that coordination!!

I also used the watercolor brush to splatter Sky ink in the background.  Just squeeze your ink pad and lid together, open it up, and dab a wet brush into the lid.  Flick the wet ink over the paper for that spatter.

The Blush banner is cut from old B&T paper, but you could get a similar effect by using the small pattern from Distressed Backgrounds over Blush cardstock.

The non-CTMH things were the pearl accents (Hobby Lobby) and the Baker's Twine (Stampin' Up).  I went with a whole separate color because I didn't have anything that matched and I didn't want the Baker's Twine to fight with the pastel colors.  It is held on with a thin line of Liquid Glass (CTMH).  I also used Copic E04 to color the pearls.

Okay...do you have your guess for the little star?

 

It's the same set I as the sentiment.  I stamped the whole star in Blush and fussy cut out the center.  Since I was already using three sets, I didn't want to pull out a whole other set just for a little star.

I love this card.  I love how pretty it is.  I love that it makes me look brilliant even though I flat out stole the entire idea.  And I love that I can pass it along to you (with credit to the original designer, of course...we want to always play nice in the Blog-o-sphere).

Until next time,
Becca

6 comments:

  1. Best wishes to you. This is a brilliant card that you case. I love the use of colors and vellium.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is JUST as gorgeous as the original ❧. I thought CASE stood for "copy and selectively edit" but I love the whole generative process of inspiration which is the crafting blog-0-sphere! ITs all good when you credit the source. Love your take on the vellum banners, and your tone-on-tone stamping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm...I think "selectively edit" might be a more accurate term, but either way works! :)

      Delete
  3. Love your bright and cheery card, Becca! Very creative use of the tiny star--thanks for providing a photo of where you found it--I wouldn't have been able to find it otherwise! Thanks for the inspiration!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Becca! Just wanted to let you know that you won my Blogaversary goodies! Congratulations *Ü* Please send me an e-mail at erinschulte@hotmail.com so I can mail them off to you. Thanks for helping me celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card, Becca! I'm also all about casing others (did you see the card I cased?). Thank you for explaining your process. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!