Friday, June 14, 2013

Honey of a Color Dare

This week's challenge at Color My Heart is to use Honey.  No...not the sticky sweet stuff, the color!  Since we could use any other neutrals, I paired it with Slate and Black.


When I was done with this one, I got the inspiration for this one:


I could have kept going.  Lovin' that gray and yellow combo.  I think I mentioned that a couple Color Dare's ago.

Anyway...I owned some retired CTMH Gray Wool and Flannel so I was reluctant to purchase the new Slate and Whisper colors.  What sold me was how the new Slate and Whisper have a warmer undertone which makes it work with the yellows and Honey in particular.

Here's the lowdown:  On the first card, I used Sightseer and the Word Bubble set that comes with the Artiste cartridge.  I inked just the edges of the "thanks" Word Bubble in Slate so I could use "Oh snap!" from Sightseer instead.  The second card is just the Word Bubble set.  I inked it in Slate, then went back over the "hi" and a few parts of the flowers in black pen.  After the ink dried, I colored the flowers with a Honey marker.  I don't have the alcohol markers, so I can't tell you if that would have smeared the ink.  Anyone out there in blog land know?  The other accents were Slate Washi Tape and a few pearls (Hobby Lobby or Michaels).

Can't wait to see what you all come up with on this challenge!

Until next time,
Becca

4 comments:

  1. Becka, love now the "oh snap" card turned out with the background you created!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your crazy travel-image collage, and the slate tape looks awesome on black! Re: colouring with the alcohol markers, you have to use an archival ink (or Memento) or heat-set it, or it will smear. Love that second card, too. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic random stamped pattern! I agree, the yellow/grey combo is pretty sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love the "oh snap" card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!