Saturday, August 31, 2013

Happy (Krafty) Holidays

This weekend is the OWH Virtual Card Making Party.  I am joining the fun with the O-W-H challenge (use colors/techniques that begin with O, W, and H) and combining it with CAS-ual Fridays: Kraft+sentiment challenge.


Here's how I fulfilled the OWH challenge:
  • Olive, Off-the-Edge, Odd number of accents
  • White embossing, Watercolor, Washi tape
  • Hollyhock, Happy Holidays, Hemp
Pretty proud of myself for coming up with three of each!

All stamps and ink are CTMH, Washi tape was purchased at Hobby Lobby, and the hemp was purchased so long ago I'm not sure where it came from...probably Michaels.  I touched up the center of the flower with Copic markers.  You can color directly onto embossed images, but you'll want to run your marker over scratch paper when you're done to clear off any residual white.

I'm guessing this won't be my only post for the day as OWH has just posted a third challenge for the day...and I've not done the first one yet.

Until next time,
Becca

4 comments:

  1. Love this cute card, Becca! Clever to use washi for the W - that was the hardest letter for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with the challenge! And thanks for the tip about using the copics with embossing- I have stayed away from it- but now you have opened the door for me! Thanks for participating in my challenge and for your support of our troops and OWH! I am having a hard time keeping up with the challenges- but I am having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!