Monday, February 10, 2014

Sweet Happy Valentine's Day

It has been a long time since I played along with any challenges.  This morning I needed a little creative time before I got started on my writing.  I combined two challenges, Mojo Monday #332 and H2H Hearts Galore, to bring you this:


Supplies in italics are CTMH.
  • Stamps: Holiday Tags, Sweet & Lovely (from Artbooking Cricut Bundle)
  • Paper: Lollydoodle (large heart), Ivy Lane (background panel)
  • Ink: Blush, Cotton Candy, White Daisy pigment, Slate, Tuxedo Black (Momento)
  • Accessories: Liquid Glass, Polysparkle embossing powder (retired), sequins, satin edge ribbon
I altered the sketch a bit by pulling my tag down and to the right.  I'm not sure why, but it looked better to me that way.

Here's a close up of the heart.  I originally stamped the floral heart in Cotton Candy then decided it needed some oomph.  I stamped it again with the White Daisy pigment ink and decided it needed a little more oomph so I quickly poured the Polysparkle embossing powder over the top.

The heart chain and background label were cut with Artbooking Cricut cartridge. I used direct to paper on the heart chain to get a deep shade of Cotton Candy, then stamped over top with black using the same floral heart.

The edges of the background panel and large heart were sponged with Blush to give them just a touch more definition. "Sweet" was also stamped in Blush, cut out, and glued down before stamping "Happy Valentine's Day" over the top of both.  I pressed pretty hard which is why there is a bit of a shadow line, but I prefer that to having a gap where the two pieces of paper overlap.

The sequins and ribbon tie were secured with Liquid Glass; the heart and label were popped up with foam mounting tape.  I used a double layer of foam tape on the left side of the heart to be sure it stayed the same height all the way across.

Well, enough procrastinating.  Time to get my rear in the writing chair.

Until next time,
Becca

7 comments:

  1. I love your style!! Great combination of elements!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card! I love all the little details & stamping!
    Thanks for playing at H2H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet take on the sketch! You've got to love the CTMH/Cricut cartridges. Thanks for sharing with us @ H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, I love how soft and feminine it looks! Thanks for playing along at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an absolutely lovely card! Love everything about it! ~Angelina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!