Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Stretch Your Stamps, Day 2

I combined a couple techniques from Stretch Your Stamps 2, Day 2 for this card.  I used the ombre effect and coloring in images.


The background stamp is retired CTMH Leafy Print, the sentiment is retired Stampin' Up!, and the butterfly was cut at 1.5" using CTMH Cricut Artiste cartridge.

I used a combination of distress inks and dye inks to get my background.  I started with Tim Holtz Wild Honey (bottom to top) and Spun Sugar (top down) Distress ink.  To deepen the color, I added CTMH Cotton Candy over top of the Wild Honey at the bottom working more up the left side of the card than the right.  Then I colored the flowers with CTMH Cotton Candy and Tulip (flowers) and Tim Holtz Peeled Paint (leaves) using a paintbrush.  When finished, I spritzed the whole thing with a fine layer of pearlized mist (Pearl Create A Shade paint mixed with water in a mini-mister). I find that using a base of Distress ink allows me to get the same water reaction even if I put dye inks over top.

I bought the ribbon at Hobby Lobby on one of those 50% off days.  I had no idea how I was going to use it, but it worked perfectly with the colors on this card.

Such a fun day of classes.  Looking forward to tomorrow.

Until next time,
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!