Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Writer's World Wednesdays - Useless Research

This week I regretted that I write historical fiction.  I was privileged to tour a building normally closed to the public.  It was like being on a movie set only cooler because it was real.  Oh...what I wouldn't give to be able to use some of what I saw and learned!

I even got to take a lie detector test. There were two finger sensors on my left hand, my right arm was in a blood pressure cuff, my chest had two bands to measure my breathing, and a butt pad...yes, you read that right...to measure whether or not I squeezed the gluteal muscles in an attempt to fool the test.  The best part was that the woman who gave me the test spent almost a half an hour talking to me about the process.  She told me the questions she was going to ask.  She told me which question to lie about. And even after all of that, I failed the test.

There were also demonstrations of codes and cyphers which were used hundreds even thousands of years ago.  While not as cool as the high-tech stuff, at least it might come in handy in some story later.

**Giggle**

Until next time,
Becca

1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!