Thursday, January 22, 2015

Five in Five

Sometimes you need a card in a hurry.  This week for design team duties over at Stampin' Buds, I wanted to make five different cards where each one took about five minutes.  And I wanted to do them with the limited supplies.

Don't get me wrong, I love all my ribbons, markers, papers, gadgets, gizmos, and whatnots, but you can create a big impact with a couple well-designed stamp sets and a few embellishments. 


Here's each one alone:

I stamped the circle first, stamped it again on a post-it note, then cut out the center to create a mask before stamping the daffodils in the middle.  The sentiment was stamped before I put the Washi tape over top.

For the next two, I created "patterned paper" using the Doodle Design circle and three dots.  The Washi tape went over top of a white strip to keep the pattern from showing through.  To attach the banners, I used a regular stapler (which I'm counting as an "embellishment").



If you want to limit yourself to one stamp set, here are a couple with just the daffodil set.



Two stamp sets, one ink pad, two colors of paper, and two embellishments.  Beautiful doesn't have to complicated, expensive, or time-consuming.

Until next time,
Becca



2 comments:

  1. Wonderful assortment of black and white cards! I never would have thought to not color the daffodils and they look great without color. The honey washi tape really "pops".
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful colors and lovely cards...LOVE the random-stamped background using the circle and such from Doodle Designs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!