Thursday, March 26, 2015

Happy, Happy Birthday (and Good-bye)

This is my last post for Stampin' Buds as a design team member.  I can't believe how fast the time has flown.  I hope I've provided plenty of inspiration!  This week, I wanted to feature the Picture My Life feature of the Artfully Sent Cricut Cartridge as they do so much more than scrapbooking. 

A few weeks back, I needed a couple of birthday cards in a hurry.  Out came the Cricut, and two cards were done in no time.  Here's a feminine card:


Then, I flipped my paper over and cut another one for this more masculine one:


I added a few of the adhesive stickers from the Confetti Wishes Compliments to dress things up.  To add dimension, I placed the gold sequins both on top and under the cut-out "HAPPY".  On the first card, I also tied a small knot of Thistle ribbon around the outside edge and inside of the "H".  The banners were cut with my paper trimmer then fish-tailed using scissors.  For the second card, I attached the Topiary Washi Tape before cutting the fish-tail.  (Please note, I couldn't find the link for Topiary Washi, so the shopping link below goes to Topiary Chevron Ribbon instead.)

Everything else is pretty self-explanatory I think, but let me know if you need clarification in a comment below and come back to see the answer.

So quick!  So cute!  So sad to say good-bye to Stampin' Buds, but I'll still have lots of inspiration here (and Shannon will certainly still have inspiration over on her blog).  Therefore, I will leave you with my customary closing...

Until next time,
Becca


2 comments:

  1. This is ADORABLE!!!! Who would've thunk! And that first one with the cupcake as the "A"...SUPER LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are wonderful, Becca! I love your use of washi on the second one (scribbling a note to self!) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!