Saturday, March 21, 2015

More than Chocolate Cupcakes

I won one of the prizes from Mojo Monday for this card.  Woot, woot!!  So I decided to splurge a little and get a couple of the latest releases from Verve along with a few things I've had my eye on for a long time.  Here's a quick card using the "Chocolate" and "Cupcakes" sets for Mojo Monday #389:


I used CTMH ink in Holiday Red (retired) and Chocolate (of course!) and their coordinating cardstock; colored with Copics in R24, E17, and G24; and finished off with some red Baker's twine and glittery puffy stickers (also CTMH).

The chocolate icing border was hand-cut, but I'm pretty sure there's a coordinating die (that I should have ordered).  I stamped the image once, trimmed it out, and then cut it in half at about the 1" mark. I hid the split under the sentiment panel.  To get the two border pieces lined up, I used a ruler and drew a light pencil line horizontally across at about 1/3 of the way down my card base.  Before attaching the border, I stamped the cupcakes and colored in the strawberries. When I colored the strawberry stems, I went outside the lines with my green marker so that, even though the base color is Chocolate, you see the green just enough to give the impression of a more realistic coloring.

The sentiment combines words and phrases from the two sets to create a specialized saying.

To be loved more than chocolate is one thing; to be loved more than cupcakes is another; but to be loved more than chocolate cupcakes...I don't think it gets any better than that!

Until next time,
Becca

2 comments:

  1. Adorable! In my house, that would be saying a lot as we both are crazy for chocolate! *wink*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya, Sharli! I'm not sure who I'm going to send this card to because...you know...not a lot of people are above the chocolate line! ;)

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!