Thursday, April 30, 2015

One Simple Rule

I have one simple rule when it comes to purchasing a Workshop on the Go from CTMH:  I'd better have lots of ideas of what to do with it once the paper and embellishments are gone.  The Blossom WOTG is that kind of set.  Here's a picture of what comes in the kit.

I can see using those stamps over and over and over again...like this!





Below are supply lists broken down by cards (with links for your shopping convenience) as well as instructions that might not be self-explanatory.  The things you will need for all cards are Blossom WOTG, Foam Tape, and White Daisy Cardstock.
 
1)  Make a Wish
I stamped the line flower/circle twice in Canary, rotating a bit between stamping to give the frayed edge look.  I used the larger of the two dot clusters to fill in the centers with Canary, and then I stamped in Honey with the smaller dot cluster to add depth.  The stem was stamped in Topiary, stamped off on scratch paper, then rolled in Topiary around the edges. 
 
2)  You are worth celebrating
Sorry about the photography.  I don't understand why it turned out so grainy.  This one was pretty easy except for the sentiment.  I started by cutting the top panel at 5.5"x4.25".  I drew a straight line with a ruler and pencil about 1" from the bottom, stamped the candle in a gazillion colors, cut at the pencil line, and trimmed off about a 1/4" from the bottom piece.  I carefully inked just the "YOU" and stamped it on the top panel.  Then I carefully inked everything but the "YOU" and stamped it underneath...and then I stamped it again on the shimmer trim to cover up the mess I made.  It would have made things easier to cut the stamp in two, but I just now thought of that!
 
3)  Happy Birthday
Ever since I saw the popsicle stick, I've wanted to create a woodgrain on it using the stamp from the Pathfiding WOTG.  If you don't have that set, though, you can still create a bit of texture by using the stamps that come in the Blossom WOTG.  On this card, I inked the candle in Cashmere, inked the popsicle stick in Champagne, pressed the popsicle stick onto the inked candle, then stamped. It was a little fussy because both images are so small.   The "4 you" tab was stamped on a scratch piece of White Daisy paper.  I stamped it leaving about 1/4" of blank space above the straight edge of the image so, when I cut it out, I had space to glue.  I used the Sanding kit to smooth down the edges after I cut it out because I can never cut a smooth circle.
 
If you have questions about anything, please leave a comment and then come back for the answer.
 
It has been such a pleasure to guest design for Amie Kiger, and I can't believe I've come to the end of my time.  I'll be taking a break from all design team duties until I get my next novella written (half done and my characters have simply stopped talking to me!! Eeeek!), and I get moved to hubby's next duty station in Alaska.  I'll still be making cards and other projects, so I hope you'll come visit me at my blog.  Since I'm really hoping you'll do that, I'll sign off with my customary...
 
Until next time,
Becca

1 comment:

  1. Awesome ideas, Becca! Your cards are so impressive and so inspiring! I, too, like to know ahead of time that I'm going to get lots of use from a set. Maybe I need to just follow your examples all the time and I'll never go wrong! LOL But seriously - the yellow puff-balls, the adorable popsicles, the candles with the break in between - all delightful!!! Thank you!
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!