Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Writer's World Wednesday - Cowboy Competition

Well, folks, it's done!  "Cowboy Competition" is written and off to my critiquing partners for polishing before submission to my publisher.  But, in the meantime, here's a picture of the cover for this upcoming collection.


I love the juxtaposition of manly-man cowboys with pink, flowers, and lace. 

The other thing I love is that last name listed...Jamie Wright.  This is her first publication.  It's been fun to watch her squeal with joy over each level of the publication process the way I did with The Homestead Brides Collection.

I'm still squealing plenty, but there's just something extra special about the first time you see your name in print. 

This story has been a real struggle.  Like pulling teeth the entire time.  Once I wrote the last line, it very much felt like I'd lost 100lbs.  I've been smiling since Monday night.  I'm giving myself the rest of this week to concentrate on moving details and several "good-bye" functions.  I should have edits back by Friday (hopefully, they don't tell me it needs a total rewrite like they did with "Waiting on a Promise"), and then it's back to the grindstone.

In the meantime, I put together another proposal for a similar collection.  I should hear by the end of June if my story idea was accepted.

And such is the life of an author. Finish one; hope to sell the another.

Until next time,
Becca

3 comments:

  1. Becca, I am ashamed that I haven't sent the promised feedback on the Homestead Brides! If it means anything, I am excited about the new collection and look forward to buying that one! I am grateful for your blog so we won't lose contact as you move . . . Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sharli! I'd love it if you'd post a review on Amazon with your feedback. That would be better than sending it to me directly. :)

      Delete
  2. I haven't checked in with you for awhile. Wow, I've missed a lot! First, safe travels to you; I hope the move goes well. Secondly, I'm super excited about the new series! I will definitely be following more closely to keep up with that info! Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!