Thursday, October 29, 2015

Stretching Sangria WOTG and Twinkle Stamp Sets

As I said last week, one of the things I require from a Workshop of the Go set is that the stamps stretch to multiple uses.  Here are a couple Sangria WOTG cards that use different colors to create all-purpose types of cards.


Here, I used the same Poppy color that comes in the Sangria WOTG but added Canary (paper), Honey, Cranberry, New England Ivy and Fern.  After finishing this card, I wished I had used the embossing folder that Mary Brooks is offering as part of her October Card Kit to add texture.  The sentiment comes from a stamp set called Holiday Tags.  Everyone needs a stamp set like this one, where there are a bunch of sentiments that cover a wide variety of occasions.


This card uses Pixie, Canary, Pear, Sunset, and Gypsy inks to coordinate with the small strip of Kaleidoscope paper for a Springtime feel.  PixieThick Twine finishes it off with a simple knot and frayed edges.  I love how the fraying gives the same "heft" as a bow but uses less material.

I also want to show you a fun card that stretches the October Stamp of the Month, "Twinkle," into a baby card.

 

The colors are Canary, Lagoon, Whisper and Slate.  I cut the stars with the Artbooking Cricut Cartridge, but stars also come in Artiste and Art Philosophy.

The edges of every piece of paper are sponged with the coordinating ink color except I used Lagoon ink on the Whisper paper.

Twinkle, twinkle is stamped in Slate ink, then the small stars were stamped in Lagoon around it. The smaller star is Stamped with the same circle star stamp used on the Whisper paper stamped in the darker Slate gray.

I did use one non-CTMH supply...a white gel pen you can find in any local craft store.  The card could be done without it, but I think bordering adds a finished quality to the entire card.  I used the white gel pen on the first card as the centers of the small, red flowers. The red dots in the center of the Canary/Honey flowers were created by using the bottom end of a pen that had a pointy edge "stamped" in Cranberry ink and touched to the paper.

If you want the Twinkle stamp set, you need to act TODAY!! It goes away on Nov. 1, 2015.

Here's the supply list (with embedded links for your shopping convenience):
Stamps: Sangria WOTG, Holiday Tags, and Twinkle (October SOM which is $5 with the purchase of $50)
Ink: Cranberry, Honey, New England Ivy, FernPixie, Pear, Gypsy, Sunset, Canary, Lagoon, Slate
Paper: Poppy (comes in Sangria WOTG), Canary, Kaleidoscope, Lagoon, Whisper
Accessories: Micro-tip Scissors, Foam Tape, Sponge Daubers, Pixie Thick Twine, and a white gel pen

I'll be back next week with the White Pines Cardmaking WOTG.  I'm in love with this set, and it stretches into a wide variety of occasions.

Until next time,
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!