Thursday, December 3, 2015

Kaleidoscope Cardmaking Workshop on the Go - Using Leftovers

Oh...I'm so excited to get this new month of design team duties for Mary Brooks going!  I'll be featuring the Kaleidoscope Cardmaking Workshop on the Go...and maybe I'll know how to spell it by the end of the month!

Like all CTMH Cardmaking WOTG kits, Kaleidoscope comes with stamps, paper, accessories and a package of cards & envelopes to create 15 cards.  You have to add the coordinating inks, which are Slate, Pear, Canary, and Pixie in this case. I put together the entire workshop and will be using the leftover supplies to show you what else you can do.  It's going to be a lot over the next four weeks, so here's a picture of the 15 cards made per the WOTG guidelines offered as proof I'm not fudging:


To my eye, the addition of pink makes all these feel a little girly.  So...here are some "manly" -- or at least ones that won't offend masculine sensibilities -- cards made with leftover patterned paper and accessories (adding only White Daisy cardstock and a few other items):



The WOTG comes with Pink Enamel Gems.  I used almost all the light and medium pink ones on the 15 cards.  All the red gems were leftover. You could make six cards like this using only the large size gems. And when you run out of those, you have medium and small sizes left.  And when you run out of those, you can make your own by punching circles out of Cranberry cardstock, gluing them down, and adding Liquid Glass over the top.  Since there's no patterned Kaleidoscope paper on this card, you can keep making this card over and over and over.  My only additional supply here is Foam Tape under the banner, but you don't have to use it.



I borrowed the banner idea from one of the cards in the WOTG.  In addition to Foam Tape, I added regular staples over the Green Shimmer Trim. It's a household item that doubles as an accessory, so I figured it was fair to use. (BTW, there's 5 yds. of shimmer trim on a roll.  The 15 cards used 70" which comes to just under 2 yds. Yep, I have over half the roll left to play with.)

For the cupcake bottom, I used Slate ink but stamped it onto scratch paper before stamping a "second generation" impression that's lighter onto my card. The sentiment is stamped in both Slate and Pear.  I fit the three stamps together, peeled out the center stamp, inked and stamped "Happiest" and "Birthday" in Slate, then stamped "Who Counting?" in Pear between them.

If you've been coming to my blog for any length of time, you'll notice I do a lot with 4x5.25 white panels foam mounted over top of a 4.25x5.5 card base. While the smaller top panel isn't necessary, it does hide the underside of the staples so the inside of my card is pristine.  Plus, it just looks cool.



This was the last large chunk of patterned paper...from one of the two pieces included in the WOTG.  I still have almost an entire sheet left.  I added a Sponge Dauber and Foam Tape (which is optional) and used another "pretty much everyone has one of these lying around the house" items -- a fine point Sharpie.

The gray mat around the balloon is Whisper cardstock from the WOTG.  I sponged the edges in Slate to get the deeper color.

Here's the list of supplies (with embedded links for your shopping convenience):
What has me most excited about the Kaleidoscope birthday theme stamp set is pairing it with Baby Zoo. I can't wait to show you what you can do with two stamp sets that coordinate as perfectly as these do.

Until next time,
Becca



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!