Friday, October 14, 2016

Blessings

I am waiting for edits to come back on my last story of the year.  Yes, folks, after four straight months with deadlines, I'm down to edits on the last one!!  I also just received my author copies of my latest release called The Blue Ribbon Brides Collection. To celebrate, I spent some time in my craft room with  my Cricut and CTMH Flower Market and Artistry cartridges to make invitations for Thanksgiving dinner.


This used a boatload of supplies, all current CTMH.
  • Paper: Goldrush, Tangerine, White, Poppy, Ruby, Fern, New England Ivy, Chocolate, Desert Sand, Champagne (Since that's 10 paper colors, I'm linking this up to Heart2Heart's "Perfect 10" challenge)
  • Ink: Cocoa, Saffron, Ruby, Glacier
  • Stamps: Coordinating sets from Flower Market (pattern on the acorns), Thinking of You Workshop Your Way (flower centers), With You (sentiment)
  • Supplies: Sponge Daubers, Microtip scissors, Liquid Glass, Glue Pen
  • Embellishments: Poppy Thick Twine
 Here are a few process pictures:


 
 


I hand-drew a mask on a sticky note, cut it out, and covered the center of the pumpkin. I used Cocoa ink to LIGHTLY sponge around all the edges.  I switched out the masking to sponge the center with Saffron ink, then went over the Cocoa sponging with Saffron to blend.

I added centers to many of the flower cuts using the Thinking of You Workshop Your Way stamp set.  I purchased the Workshop kit almost exclusively because I wanted to use the small flowers included in it as centers for the new Flower Market cartridge.  (Sorry for the blur on the hydrangea photo.)




Because the trillium cuts were so small, I left them on the mat so they didn't fly away on me while I stamped.  Note: The trillium flowers are not all the same size, so be sure to select the correct size of the Tangerine cuts that back this and fill in the center.

The sentiment is part of the With You stamp set. I used my Micro-tip scissors to cut the "Count your Blessings" stamp in two so I just had "Blessings", and then bent the stamp to follow the curve of the banner.  Below shows how I trimmed off part of the banner and also shows you another sentiment option from the Flower Market trio of stamp sets that come with the cartridge.


I finished it off with a bow in Poppy Thick Twine using Liquid Glass (magic in a bottle) to shape the tails.  Here's the finished product again, this time with the above sentiment (and without the bow so you can see a bit of the layering better):


If you have Cricut Design Space and own the Flower Market and Artistry cartridges, here's the cutting file.  I strongly recommend using a German Carbide blade...no, I take that back...don't even bother cutting this unless you have a German Carbide blade.  I also recommend you don't go much smaller than this size. It will fit into a 5x7 envelope if you are careful about positioning the center wheat stalk so it doesn't stand too tall.

To make this into a card, I simply cut the background pumpkin shape a second time, scored it, and glued it to the back only at the top portion.


If you are going to stamp the inside with a sentiment or invitation, might I recommend that you do your stamping BEFORE gluing it to the front. Yeah...ask me how I know that one. I didn't bother to hide the bits of wheat stalk and hydrangea flowers that showed through. I figure, if someone is going to get upset about a little crafty goodness showing through, they don't deserve something this great.

Okay, I'd better go back to work on my edits.  Story is due on Monday and then the hubs and I are off for our big trip to NYC.

Until next time,
Becca

5 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous! I'll be watching for mine in the mail! *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the thing centerpieces are made of. Pretty. Pretty. Pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow your project is great! I love the depts of all the colours and layers. Thanks for playing with us at H2H this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful Fall beauty! I love it! Thanks for playing with us at Heart 2 Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! 10 different colours and simply stunning! WOW is all I can say! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H)!

    Brandi R
    DT member H2H
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!