Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Preparing for Easter

Today, when we celebrate the homegoing of one of the greatest evangelists of all time, Billy Graham, I think it's fitting to post an Easter card. There's nothing religious about a basket filled with colored eggs, but it sure is pretty.


I used only a few supplies from CTMH (linked to my website for your shopping convenience):

Here's a close-up of the coloring. I used a wide variety of Copic markers and cut it with my Brother Scan N Cut plus an X-acto knife for the inner cut.

This summer I went to the Billy Graham Library and then to The Cove, a retreat center run by the Billy Graham Foundation. You could not come away from either of those places without recognizing that Mr. Graham decided early on that he was one thing: an evangelist. He resisted all attempts to be anything else.

I'll end with a quote from him. I'm not sure how long ago he wrote it, but is a fitting period to his life and work:

"Someday you will read or hear that Billy Graham is dead. Don't you believe a word of it! I shall be more alive than I am now. I will just have changed my address. I will have gone into the presence of God." ~Billy Graham

Until next time,
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!