Saturday, May 5, 2018

Customized Wedding Card

The daughter of some dear friends is getting married today. Using the invitation, I created a customized wedding card with the new Beautiful Friendship paper that I featured yesterday with this post.


I used some retired products, which is why you need to get what you love when they're available because - though you can't purchase them anymore - they still work! (And someone please tell me I'm not the only one who still has that ric-rac.)

"love" was die cut from Canary paper. I made my own accent gems by punching circles from Bashful Glitter Paper, then adhering them and topping them with Liquid Glass. I also used Liquid Glass to adhere the ric-rac and seal the edges so they don't fray. People...if you don't already own Liquid Glass, what are you waiting for. That stuff is MAGIC in a bottle.

To cut out the picture, I used retired oval die cuts. However, the new Seasonal Expressions product line includes stitched oval frames. While that would have been really cute, I thought I was pushing the cuteness factor on this already. Poor men. They get married and everything is hearts, flowers, and glitter. However, you have to admit...their photo is perfectly color coordinated with this paper. Or maybe the other way around. Whatever.

Back to the craft room. It's National Scrapbooking Day, and I'm determined to get at least one layout done.

Until next time,
Becca



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!